Liebster Award

Thanks so much to Heather at ArtIntertwine for the Liebster Award nomination.  The Liebster Award celebrates independant blogs with less than 3,000 followers.  You can see Heather's amazing blog here: 
http://artintertwine.blogspot.com/

Here are my answers to Heather's questions about our blog:

1.  Why did you start your blog?  I started this blog several years ago as a forum to showcase the artwork of students and activities of our school art dept.  I also wanted a way to communicate important notices to students and parents.

2.  What excites you about being an art educator?  I love coming to work every day and seeing the artistic output of my students.  They never cease to amaze me with their enthusiasm and creativity.

3.  What do you talk about on your blog?  I talk about happenings in the art dept., scholarship and competition info, and showcase student artwork.  I also try to incorporate things that are happening in each class like discussing current projects and links to "artist's of the week".  One of my favorite posts are alumni updates. 

4.  Why do you think connecting with other bloggers is important?  I have learned so much from other bloggers.  I like feeling connected to a larger community of passionate art teachers.

5.  Have you met any other bloggers in person?  I have talked to some of my favorite bloggers via e-mail and I have met only 1 or 2 at AENJ  or NAEA conferences.

6.  Where do you think your blog will be in 2 years?  I think my blog will continue to cover the same info, but I would love to incorporate more video and audio to the blog.  I am also interested in the students having more of a role in blogging.

7.  What do you do best?  I think my best attribute is relating to my students and trying to make art fun.  I think (and hope) that they trust me enough to take them on a creative journey!

8.  How much time do you devote to your blog?  I probably donate about an hour a week to the blog.  Usually I do that sporadically throughout the week.  I check in with the blog every day at some point.

9.  How do you create your posts?  I am a photographer, so I usually choose posts based on photographs that I have taken.  I also try to provide my students with as much info as possible.  Important notices about field trips, scholarships, and competitions usually take priority.

10.  What wishes do you have for your readers?  I hope my readers enjoy the things we do in class and take inspiration from it to be creative.  I hope that the blog provides my students with the chance to showcase their talents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment