Masking Tape Murals
Posted by
little buddy
on Thursday, October 16, 2014
Middle school students just finished a unit on street art. They looked at the work of artist Buff Diss. His artwork is posted as the last image. Diss creates his artwork entirely from masking tape. In our class, students divided into small groups and each group chose the color of tape and the theme. Then, students delegated the work among themselves to create their artworks. The murals stayed on display for about a month. After the works were complete, students wrote a short reflection about the experience. Some comments included: "I think our group mural was successful because we established each other's jobs in the beginning", "I am really proud of my group members", "I think our mural was successful because we took our time instead of rushing", and most importantly, "I had fun doing this". For more information on Buff Diss, go to http://buffdiss.com/








0 comments:
Post a Comment