Alumni Update



     Ashley is a freshman at The College of New Jersey.  She is majoring in Art Education.  This is what Ashley has to say about her experience so far at TCNJ and what it is like being an art major:
     "What I like about TCNJ is how small and connected the campus is.  Since everything is a 5-10 minute walk away, it makes it easier to go to and from the art building because I practically live there.  Everyone on campus is so welcoming and friendly, when I'm on campus I feel I belong here.  I have only been here for two months and I already consider this place home.
     What I love about my major is how close knit we all are.  There are around 20-30 people pursuing Art Education, so making friends who have the same interests as me has made the adjustment to college life even easier.  Therefore, the foundations classes, like 2D, 3D, and Drawing become more specialized.  The professors are able to spend more time with us and help sharpen our basic skills as an artist."
     Ashley's artwork, titled "popcorn, was recently selected as one of only 20 students for the ArtWorks All Day exhibition at TCNJ's TrentonWorks Gallery.  Way to go Ashley!  For more information on TCNJ, go to: https://tcnj.pages.tcnj.edu/




0 comments:

Post a Comment